Edd is an Academic Emergency Clinician at North Bristol NHS Trust. He is a current NIHR Advanced Fellow and Associate Professor for the Royal College of Emergency Medicine. His research interests are around diagnostics in chest pain, for which he completed the multicentre LoDED trial, and pragmatic trials in hard to recruit populations. His Advanced Fellowship trial is evaluating topical lidocaine patches in older patients with chest trauma. He supervises both a Royal College of Emergency PhD Student and the Trainee Emergency Medicine Research Network (TERN) Fellow who are hosted through the University of West of England.
Amanda is a Senior Trial Manager at the Bristol Randomised Trials Collaboration unit, part of the Bristol Trials Centre. She joined the department in 2014 as Trial Manager for the UPSTREAM trial, which focuses on the diagnosis and management of bladder outlet obstruction for men in 26 hospitals in England. Amanda also provides day-to-day operational management, and senior oversight and support for several NIHR-funded multi-centre randomised controlled trials (RELIEF, PURSUIT, and STRATA). Collectively, these trials take place across a range of research themes in various settings (e.g. secondary care urology and urogynaecology units, Emergency Departments (A&E), and Mental Health Services) and in differing population groups (e.g. men with lower urinary tract symptoms, women with recurrent stress urinary incontinence, older adults with rib fractures needing urgent care, and adults with a diagnosis of autism and anxiety).
- Jonathan Benger, Professor of Emergency Care, University of West of England
- Philip Braude, Consultant Geriatrician, North Bristol NHS Trust
- James Gagg, Consultant in Emergency Medicine, Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton
- Emma Gendall, Lead Acute Care Research Nurse, North Bristol NHS Trust
- Simon Holloway, Lead Research Pharmacy Technician, North Bristol NHS Trust
- Jenny Ingram, Senior Research Fellow in Qualitative Research, University of Bristol
- Rebecca Kandiyali, Research Fellow in Health Economic Evaluation, University of Bristol
- Nick Maskell, Professor in Respiratory Medicine, Academic Respiratory Unit, University of Bristol
- Alia Darweish Medniuk, Consultant in Anaesthesia and Acute Pain, North Bristol NHS Trust
- David Shipway, Consultant Geriatrician, North Bristol NHS Trust
- Jason Smith, Defence Professor of Emergency Medicine, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth